- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- The dough
- 400g All-purpose flour (strong flour Tipo “00” is recommended)
- 100g Semolina or ferkha flour
- 1 Tsp salt
- 7g / 2 ¼ Tsp /1 Sachet active dry yeast + 50ml hand-hot water
- 1 Tsp sugar
- 1 Cup lukewarm water
- 2 Tbsp Al Wadi Al Akhdar extra-virgin oil
- 1 Cup Al Wadi Al Akhdar tomato passata
- 1 Small onion, finely sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 12 Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g Al Wadi Al Akhdar roasted bell pepper in a jar, cut in length
- Handful of fresh thyme
- ½ Cup black olives, pitted
- 1 Tbsp pizza seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Cup mozzarella cheese, grated
In a jug, dissolve the yeast and sugar in water and let stand for 10 minutes or until frothy.
In a large bowl, sift flour and semolina together. Add salt.
Make a well in the middle. Add oil to the yeast mixture and pour it in the centre of the well. Start mixing, bringing the flour from the edges to the middle. Add water and keep kneading to form a springy large ball with the dough.
Cover the dough with an oiled sheet of cling film and return to the bowl. Cover it with a kitchen towel and leave the dough to rise about ½ an hour or until it has doubled in size.
To make the topping: In a saucepan heat oil and sauté onions and garlic for 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and bell pepper and fry for a further 2-3 minutes. Season with oregano or pizza seasoning and salt and pepper.
Off the heat add the thyme and the olives and mix.
Remove the dough from the bowl and roll out on a floured surface to form a rectangular shape. Place it in the mold pushing out the edges evenly. For thick dough, it should be no more than 1cm.
Brush the dough with the tomato Passata sauce and spread the topping evenly over the pizza base and sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese. Bake in a preheated oven 200°C for 20-25 minutes or until the dough rises and turns slightly golden.
Average member rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe