- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Easy
- 1 ½ Cup (200g) Penne Pasta
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin Al Wadi Al Akhdar olive oil
- 1 Small onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 x 400g Cans Al Wadi Al Akhdar chopped tomatoes
- 8 Basil leaves, shredded
- 1 Tsp chili flakes
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- Sea salt and pepper
- Grated Parmesan, to serve
Cook Pasta in boiling, salted water until Al dente. Drain pasta, discard water and set aside.
In a saucepan, heat olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic until soft and lightly brown. Stir in the tomatoes, basil, chili flakes and sugar. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until thickened.
Add the penne to the tomato sauce and toss to combine. Serve with grated Parmesan.
Average member rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe