- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Large white onion, chopped
- ¼ Cup brown lentils, washed and drained
- ¼ Cup rice, washed and drained
- ¼ Cup Burghul or cracked wheat, washed and drained
- 6 Cups of water
- 1 Can / 400g of Al Wadi Al Akhdar white beans, drained
- 1 Can / 400g of Al Wadi Al Akhdar red kidney beans, drained
- 1 Can / 400g of Al Wadi Al Akhdar Foul & Chick Peas, drained
- 1 Tbsp Al Wadi Al Akhdar tomato paste
- 1 Tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Al Wadi Al Akhdar Olive oil, to drizzle
In a large pot heat oil and sauté the onion until soft and brown.
Add lentils, rice, Burghul and water and bring to a boil.
Then add white beans, red beans, Broad beans (foul) and Chick Peas.
Stir in the tomato paste. Season with salt and pepper and simmer until everything is tender.
Drizzle with olive oil just before serving and enjoy!
Average member rating
(3 / 5)
3 people rated this recipe