Cream Filled Oussmalieh Nests2016-12-20
- Cuisine: Lebanese
- Course: Desserts
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Servings : 12 pcs
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 20m
- 1 pack Al Wadi Al Akhdar Ousmallieh Pastry, thawed
- 1 Tbsp (15 g) Al Wadi Al Akhdar All Natural Rose water
- 1 Tbsp (15 g) Al Wadi Al Akhdar All Natural orange Blossom water
- 1 stick (110 g) Al Wadi Al Akhdar Butter, melted
- Crushed pistachios, for garnish
- 1 Kg Ashta
- 1 cup (250 ml) Sugar syrup
- Rose Petal Jam, for garnish
Begin to pull and rip apart the Ousmallieh dough until it is loose enough to form into nest shape.
Once loose enough, add melted butter, orange blossom water and rose water evenly over the pastry and rub dough together until it is evenly coated.
Form nest shaped dough and place into a muffin pan. Place a coffee cup inside the circle of the nest and press gently until a proper nest shape is formed.
Bake at 180⁰C for 15-20 min or until golden brown. Let cool.
Spoon the ashta on top of each nest. Decorate with crushed pistachios and Rose petal Jam.
Drizzle with Sugar Syrup.