Lentil Soup Recipe (With Chickpeas)2015-07-20
- Course: Side Dish
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Large onion, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp coriander
- 1 Cup brown lentils
- 1/2 Tsp cumin
- 2 Tsp salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 Can tomatoes, diced
- 6 Cups of water
- 1 Potato, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Can Al Wadi Al Akhdar chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp Al Wadi Al Akhdar extra virgin olive oil
In a large saucepan, heat oil, add onion and garlic and cook until the onion has softened.
Sauté coriander for 2 minutes. Add lentils and season with salt, pepper and cumin. Add tomatoes and water and cook for 20 minutes.
Add potato, chickpeas and tomato paste and cover. Simmer for another 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
Average member rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe