Baked Pesto Chicken Sandwich2015-07-20
- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Easy
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 45m
- 4 Chicken breasts, cut in lengthwise
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Al Wadi Al Akhdar Olive Oil, to drizzle
- ½ Cup Al Wadi Al Akhdar Pesto Sauce
- ½ Cup grated Mozzarella Cheese (optional)
- 8 Pieces of any Bread of your choice
- Iceberg Lettuce
- 2 Tomatoes, sliced
Preheat oven to 190°C /375°F.
Drizzle olive oil in a baking dish and spread half of the pesto sauce over the bottom of the dish. Arrange chicken strips over the pesto sauce, season with salt and pepper and add all the remaining pesto sauce.
Cover with foil and bake for 25 - 30 minutes. Remove foil and cook for further 5 minutes until chicken pieces turn golden color.
Arrange lettuce, tomatoes and baked chicken pesto on bread slices, top with mozzarella cheese if desired and serve immediately.
Average member rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe