- ½ kg chicken
- Bay leaves
- Cinnamon sticks
- 1 large onion
- 1½ liters of water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 packs (1kg) of Al Wadi Al Akhdar frozen Mloukhieh
- 100g of Al Wadi Al Akhdar frozen coriander
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp Al Wadi Al AKhdar butter
- ½ cup of lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 loaves of bread, grilled
- 2 white onions, chopped
- 1 cup Al Wadi Al Akhdar grape vinegar
- In a large pot, put together the water, the chicken, bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, and salt.
- Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, skimming off the foam that forms on the surface of the liquid.
- Leave it until the chicken is cooked.
- Remove chicken and strain the stock.
- In a large pot, heat the butter and add minced garlic. Stir until golden.
- Add coriander. Stir.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add Mloukhieh and pepper.
- Lower heat and simmer about 15mn
- Add the lemon juice and boil for another 5mn.
The Onions mixture
Combine onions and vinegar.
Serving Tip: in each plate, spoon some grilled bread crumbled, top it with rice, then layer the onion mixture, chicken and Mloukhieh