- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- 1.5kg / 3 Pounds chicken, cut into serving pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup sumac
- 1 Tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 Tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup Al Wadi Al Akhdar extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup pine nuts, toasted
- 4 Large loaves of Arabic bread or Shraak bread
Rub the chicken with salt pepper and cinnamon. In a large bowl, mix together the sumac, spices, nutmeg and half of the olive oil. Marinate the chicken for at least 1 hour.
Heat the remaining olive oil and sauté; the onions for 4 to 5 minutes. Add chicken pieces with marinade and fry on medium-high heat until slightly golden. Cover with water and simmer until chicken is fully cooked. Remove from pan and reserve the stock.
Spread the stock in a baking pan. Place the bread in the bottom and scatter the fried onions over. Layer the chicken pieces over the onions and season with salt and pepper.
Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. Garnish with pine seeds and serve hot
Average member rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe