Meatballs with Smokey Eggplant Pulp2016-03-09
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 20m
- 1 / 480g jar Al Wadi Al Akhdar Pulp of Grilled Eggplant
- ¼ cup Al Wadi Al Akhdar olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 450g beef ground meat
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- 2 tbsp breadcrumb
- ½ cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp parsley
- 3 tbsp flour
- Vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp Al Wadi Al Akhdar tomato paste
- 3 cups Al Wadi Al Akhdar tomato passata
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 cup water
- Parsley, finely chopped to garnish
Scoop the Pulp of Grilled Eggplant in a bowl and mix with olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. Set aside.
In a bowl, sprinkle the meat with salt, cumin, paprika, allspice, breadcrumbs and parsley. Add the onion and mix. Make small balls.
Roll meatballs in flour. Heat oil in a large pot and add the meatballs to cook until browned on all sides. Remove from pot and set aside.
Drop in same pot garlic and tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Stir in tomato sauce. Add water. Season with oregano, salt and pepper. Cover and let it simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes.
Before serving, add meatballs to tomato sauce and simmer on low heat to warm. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with eggplant purée on the side.
Average member rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe