Spicy Fish Lebanese Style2015-07-20
- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- 1 Kg white fish, fillet
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 Cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 4 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 Cup Al Wadi Al Akhdar frozen coriander
- 4 Sprigs green onion, sliced
- 1 Red chili pepper (or 5 small chili peppers), finely sliced
- 1 Sweet green pepper, finely sliced
- 2 Tsp Chili powder
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 Cup Al Wadi Al Akhdar tahini paste
- 3 Tbsp, lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley, to decorate
- Al Wadi Al Akhdar olive oil, to drizzle
In a saucepan heat oil and fry the fish fillet on all sides until cooked. Set aside.
In a skillet, heat oil and sauté garlic, coriander and spring onions. When the onion is soft add the red hot pepper and the green sweet pepper. Add the spices and cook for 5 minutes further.
Flake the cooked fish. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with lemon juice and Tahini and mix, until it is coated with the sauce.
To serve: Top the fish flakes with the chili mixture. Drizzle some olive oil. Decorate with parsley and sprinkle the pine nuts.
Alternatively, it is possible to mix the fish, the chili mixture and the Tahini sauce all together and put in the oven to bake.
Average member rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe