Okra Stew with Rice2015-07-20
- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Beginner
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp coriander, chopped
- 200g Beef meat, cut in pieces
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 400g/1 Pack of Al Wadi Al Akhdar frozen Okra
- 400g/1 Can Al Wadi Al Akhdar diced tomatoes
- Juice of one little lemon
- 1 Tsp tomato paste
- 1½ Cup of water
In a large pot, heat the oil and cook the onions, until golden.
Add the garlic and the coriander, stirring frequently.
Add the meat and the spices. Cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the meat is tender.
Add Al Wadi Al Akhdar okra (bamia) and cook for 5 minutes.
Add Al Wadi Al Akhdar diced tomatoes, the water and the tomato paste. Bring to a boil then lower the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
Serve with cooked long grain rice or Al Wadi Al AKhdar Italian rice.
Average member rating
(3.3 / 5)
3 people rated this recipe