Spanish Vegetarian Chili2015-07-20
- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Moderate
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 4 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Carrot, diced
- 1 Capsicum (green or red), chopped
- 1 Zucchini, diced
- 1 Tsp cumin powder
- 1 Tsp chili powder
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x 400g Tin Al Wadi Al Akhdar chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 x 400g Tin Al Wadi Al Akhdar red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 200g Tin Al Wadi Al Akhdar corn, drained and rinsed
- 3 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 Tsp chili power
- 1 1/2 Cups water
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Quartered lime pieces, for garnish (optional)
In a large pan, heat oil and sauté onions and garlic until soft.
Add carrots, capsicum and zucchini, season with cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper and stir.
Add chopped tomatoes tin with the juice. Combine well.
Add water, corn and beans and cook stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
Garnish with parsley and serve.
Average member rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe