- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Advanced
- 2 Tbsp Al Wadi Al Akhdar butter
- 2 Onions, finely chopped
- 800g Boneless beef steak, cut into chunks
- 1 Tsp turmeric
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 4 Sprigs green onions, finely chopped
- 2 Cups Al Wadi Al Akhdar frozen spinach
- ½ Cup parsley, finely chopped
- ½ Cup coriander, chopped
- ½ Cup leek, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fenugreek
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 Cups water
- Juice of one lemon
- 4 Dried limes
- 1 Can Al Wadi Al Akhdar red kidney beans
Over medium-high heat, sauté the onions in butter until browned.
Add meat. Sprinkle turmeric to coat the meat and cook it until golden on all sides.
In a large skillet, heat oil and sauté the green onions, spinach, parsley, coriander and leek until wilt and fragrant. Add to the meat and season with the fenugreek, salt and pepper. Cover with water and simmer on low heat for about 40 minutes.
Add the limes and cook for further 20 minutes.
Add the kidney beans and the lemon juice and cook for another 10 minutes.
Serving Tip: Serve with long grain rice and Iranian or Arabic bread.
Average member rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe