Filini d’Oro with Asparagus, Bell Pepper & Green Peas2015-07-20
- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 9m
- Cook Time : 30m
- 500g Al Wadi Al Akhdar filini d’oro
- 450g Al Wadi Al Akhdar frozen green asparagus, peeled
- 1/3 Cup Al Wadi Al Akhdar olive oil
- 250g Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Bags Al Wadi Al Akhdar bell pepper mix
- 1 Tsp cloves of garlic, crushed
- 125g Al Wadi Al Akhdar frozen green peas
- 1 Cup pasta water (reserved pasta cooking liquid)
- 2 Tsp salt
- ½ Tsp black pepper
- Parmesan cheese, grated
Cook the asparagus in slightly salted boiling water for about 2 minutes.
Add enough water to cover all the asparagus.
Remove them, drain thoroughly and rinse under cold water.
Trim the asparagus stems to about 1 inch. Set aside.
Heat the olive oil in large skillet.
Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes over a moderate heat gently until it becomes very soft.
Then add the red & yellow bell peppers and sauté for 15 minutes over a low heat.
Cook the pasta according to pack indications.
Drain the vermicelli thoroughly.
Tip them into the mixture of bell peppers.
Add fresh asparagus, green peas and toss them on medium fire for 1 minute.
Season to taste with salt & black pepper.
Add the pasta water to the skillet, bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes and serve immediately with parmesan cheese.
Average member rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe