Beef Lasagna with Ricotta & Mozzarella2015-07-20
- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Advanced
- Servings : 10
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 30m
- For the Béchamel Sauce
- 70g Al Wadi Al Akhdar unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp plain flour
- 4 Cups milk
- ½ Tsp salt
- For the Bolognese Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Al Wadi Al Akhdar olive oil
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 450g Lean beef, minced
- ¼ Cup pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- 2 x 340g Jars Al Wadi Al Akhdar tomato & basil pasta sauce
- 2 Cups water
- 2 Tbsp Al Wadi Al Akhdar tomato paste
- 2 Tsp Italian herbs
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- 12 Lasagna sheets, precooked
- 200g Ricotta cheese
- 1 pack Al Wadi Al Akhdar mozzarella slices
- 1 cup emmental cheese, shredded
Make the béchamel sauce: in a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and stir in flour until smooth. Add milk gradually. Add salt. Keep stirring until sauce is thick.
Make the Bolognese sauce: in a separate saucepan, sauté onions and garlic with oil. Add meat and cook for 5 minutes or until evenly brown. Add pine nuts. Stir in tomato and basil sauce. Simmer for few minutes then add water and paste. Season with Italian herbs, salt and pepper and cook until sauce has thickened.
Preheat oven to 200°C. In a rectangular ovenproof dish, make layers of lasagna sheets, meat sauce, ricotta cheese and béchamel sauce. Repeat the same steps, cover with Mozzarella slices and Emmental cheese and finish with ricotta cheese.
Bake 30 minutes to 40 minutes, depending on the thickness of the lasagna sheets. It is cooked when a skewer is easily inserted into it.
Let cool 20 minutes before serving.
Average member rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe