- Course: Main Course
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 30m
- 2 tbsp of Al Wadi Al Akhdar Olive Oil
- 1 red pepper, sliced into medium size pieces
- 75 g of Al Wadi Al Akhdar Frozen Baby Carrots
- 75 g of Al Wadi Al Akhdar Frozen Cut Beans
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 ¼ cups of risotto rice (Arborio rice)
- Pinch of saffron
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- 150g of Al Wadi Al Akhdar Frozen Green Peas
- Handful of parsley, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
Finely chop onion & Garlic. Fry with butter and Olive Oil in a medium size sauce pan until just soft, not browned.
Add saffron and rice to the onion mixture and stir. Add vegetable stock. Turn the heat up and wait for the water to boil. As soon as the water is boiling, bring the heat down to low, place a lid on the sauce pan and let the rice simmer for about 30 minutes until the water has been absorbed and the rice is cooked.
Fold in the green peas with the cooked rice. Serve the rice and a sprinkle of parsley.
Add grilled Halloumi cheese on top when done for a richer taste.