Spinach & Mushroom Pasta2018-03-07
- Course: Main Course
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 15m
- 1 tbsp of Al Wadi Al Akhdar Olive Oil
- ¼ cup of finely diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp of dried thyme
- 1 cup of Al Wadi Al Akhdar Frozen Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp of all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup of heavy cream
- 2 cups of Al Wadi Al Akhdar Frozen Spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- ⅓ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 tbsp of toasted pine nuts
- 4 cups of penne pasta, cooked
In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook garlic and onion stirring frequently, for about 3 min until soft. Stir in thyme. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring often, for about 8 min or until brown. Sprinkle with flour; cook, stirring, for 1 min.
Gradually stir in pasta water and cream, then add in spinach; cook just until spinach is wilted. Add cheese and basil; toss through cooked pasta. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve immediately, top with additional parmesan and pine nuts if desired.
For a vegan option, replace heavy cream with almond milk and skip the parmesan cheese.