Roasted Garlic & Pea Soup2018-03-07
- Course: Soup
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 15m
- 1 tbsp of Al Wadi Al Akhdar Olive Oil
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¼ cup of raw cashew nuts
- 2 - 3 cups of Al Wadi Al Akhdar Frozen Green Peas
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 3 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 tsp of crushed red pepper for garnishing
- 2-3 tbsp of heavy cream for garnishing
Take a sauce pan. Add olive oil, peeled garlic and roast it till golden brown.
Add roughly chopped onion, cashew nuts and sauté them for 2-3 minutes on medium to high flame.
Add green peas, salt, ground black pepper and mix or stir for a minute, then add stock and boil for 7-8 minutes till peas become soft.
Use hand blender and blend it till smooth and creamy texture.
Switch on the flame again and cook till boil.
Serve hot or cold roasted garlic green pea soup with bread, croutons or as per your choice.
For a richer taste, you can add the heavy cream and crushed red pepper.