Middle Eastern Beef Borek Rolls2017-01-11
- Course: Appetizer, Main Course
- Skill Level: Easy
- Servings : 4 logs
- 1 pack Al Wadi Al Akhdar Filo Sheets, thawed
- ¼ cup (60 g) Al Wadi Al Akhdar Butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp (15 g) sesame seeds
- 400 g ground beef meat
- 3 Tbsp (50 g) olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup (100 g) fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 Tbsp (50 g) Al Wadi Al Akhdat Tahini paste
- 1 tsp (3 g) 7 spices mix
- 1 tsp (3 g) ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp (30 g) Al Wadi Al Akhdar pomegranate molasses
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in a large pan. Add onion, saute for 1 min. Add ground beef, salt, pepper and spices and cook over medium heat, about 3 mins. Turn heat off and transfer to a bowl.
Add parsley, tahini paste and pomegranate molasses, mix well and keep aside.
Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
On a clean dry surface, lay out 4 sheets of filo pastry. Brush the filo with melted butter.
Arrange meat mixture in a long line across the dough and begin to roll it up tightly but gently.
Roll the filo up so that it forms one long log.
Place log onto the lined baking sheet. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 20-30 mins or until the dough is golden brown.
Let stand for 5 mins before serving.