Seared Scallops & Pineapple Salsa2015-07-20
- Course: Appetizer, Salad
- Skill Level: Easy
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 5m
- 8 Scallops pieces, rinsed and pat dry
- 1 Tbsp Al Wadi Al Akhdar butter
- ½ Tsp ground ginger
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp red onions, finely chopped
- 2 Small red chilies, diced
- 1 Cup Al Wadi Al Akhdar pineapple chunks, diced
- 3 Tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 Tbsp Al Wadi Al Akhdar pomegranate molasses
- Pomegranate arils, to garnish (optional)
For the scallops: Sprinkle the scallops with ginger, salt and pepper. Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat and add the scallops. Cook the scallops for 2 minutes on each side or until just opaque in the center.
For the salsa: In a medium bowl, combine red onions, red chilies pineapple, coriander and lime juice. Stir until well combined and season with salt, to taste.
To serve: Arrange the salsa on a plate and top it with scallops. Drizzle pomegranate molasses. Scatter the pomegranate arils around and serve.
Average member rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe