Caramelized Onions & Mushrooms Feuilletes2016-12-20
- Course: Appetizer
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Servings : 20 pcs
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 25m
- 1 pack Al Wadi Al Akhdar Mini Puff Pastry, thawed
- 1 Tbsp (15 g) olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp (15 g) Al Wadi Al Akhdar Butter
- 500 g white mushrooms, thinly sliced or Al Wadi Al Akhdar frozen mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ½ tsp thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup (70 ml) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup (100 g) gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
Preheat oven to 190⁰C.
Heat the olive oil in a wide pan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until they begin to brown, about 20 mins.
Add the butter to the pan. Once melted, add mushrooms and sauté until they are completely soft and all the liquid evaporates, about 20 mins.
Add the garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Add broth and cook until all the liquid evaporates. Remove from heat.
Place the pastry circles evenly spaced on a baking sheet with baking paper. Using a sharp cookie cutter, make a score around the perimeter of the pastry circle, leaving around 1 cm from the edges. Prick the center of the circle with a fork.
Top the round with a small amount of the mushrooms mixture, trying to keep the filling within the score mark. Top with shredded gruyere cheese.
Brush the edges with egg wash.
Bake 15-25 mins or until golden brown.