Broccoli & Salmon Quiche2016-12-13
- Course: Appetizer, Side Dish
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Servings : 1 (25 cm round) tart
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 40m
- 1 pack Al Wadi Al Akhdar Shortcrust Pastry, thawed
- 120 g smoked salmon, cut into pieces
- 200 g Al Wadi Al Akhdar frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1 cup (250 ml) cream
- 1 cup (100 g) Emmental cheese, grated
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp (3 g) salt
- ½ tsp (2 g) cracked black pepper
- 1 onion, diced
Roll out the pastry and place into a 25 cm round tart pan with a removable bottom. Trim the pastry even with the pan rim and prick the center with a fork.
To make the filling, mix the onion, cream, eggs, grated cheese, salt and pepper. Pour into the prepared pie pan.
Scatter smoked salmon and broccoli on top.
Bake at 150⁰C for 35-40 mins or until set and golden. Let cool for about 10 mins before serving.