- Course: Main Course, Soup
- Skill Level: Moderate
- 1/2 Kg chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp Al Wadi Al Akhdar butter
- 3 Pieces of cardamom
- 1 Dried lime
- ½ Cup wheat germ, Haris
- 2 Tbsp wheat germs, cooked to garnish
- ¼ Cup of Al Wadi Al Akhdar chickpeas in a can, rinsed and some extra to garnish
- 1 Cup of Al Wadi Al Akhdar frozen baby carrots
- ½ Cup fresh coriander, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Melt butter in saucepan and sauté chicken pieces until golden. Cover with water, add cardamom, lime, salt and pepper and cook until well done.
Put chicken aside and reserve the stock to cook the wheat germ (haris).
In a separate pan cook the haris in the chicken stock for about 20 minutes on a low heat, and add water if needed.
Add carrots, chickpeas, coriander and boil for another 5 minutes or until all is cooked well.
Add chicken and cook for another 20 minutes. Using an electric hand blender, blend all ingredients smoothly to a puree texture. Add water if too thick.
Scoop in plates and garnish with wheat germs and whole chickpeas.
Average member rating
(2 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe