- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Servings : 4
- 1 Kg eggplants, peeled and cut into rings
- 1 Tbsp salt
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 400g Ground beef or lamb meat
- 1 Medium red onion, finely chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Can Al Wadi Al Akhdar chickpeas, drained
- 1 Can Al Wadi Al Akhdar chopped tomatoes
- 1 Cup finely chopped flat parsley leaves
- 2 Cups water
- 1/3 Cup pine nuts, fried
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- Extra chopped parley leaves and pine nuts, to garnish
Season eggplants with salt and keep in a strainer to allow the bitter juices to drain.
Heat oil, and deep fry eggplants until golden brown.
Lay eggplants on a tray lined with paper towels and set aside.
In a saucepan, heat oil and cook meat for about 5 minutes. Add the onions and garlic and sauté for another 5 minutes. Stir in chickpeas, tomatoes, parsley, salt, pepper, water and tomato paste. Let it simmer on low heat, in a covered pan, for 20 minutes.
Add the eggplants and continue cooking for another 10 minutes (add water if needed).
Add pine nuts to meat, stir for few seconds and turn off heat.
Garnish Mnazzalet Al-Bathenjan with chopped parsley leaves and fried pine nuts, serve with Al Wadi Al Akhdar rice.
Average member rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe