Falafel with Tarator Sauce2016-12-01
- Course: Side Dish
- Skill Level: Easy
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 20m
- 1 Box / 200g Al Wadi Al Akhdar Regular Falafel
- 1 Cup water
- Cooking oil
- ½ Cup pickled cucumbers, sliced
- ½ Cup pickled turnips, chunks
- ¼ Cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tomato, cut into wedges
- Pita bread (or Lebanese bread)
- ¼ Cup tarator sauce
- Mint leaves, to decorate
- Tarator Sauce
- 1 Cup of fish stock
- ½ Cup lemon juice
- ½ Cup Al Wadi Al Akhdar tahini (sesame paste)
- Salt to Taste
Mix each envelope of Falafel mix with 120ml / ½ cup of water. Let it stand for 10 minutes.
Use a spoon (or a Falafel spoon) to form the falafel paste into flattened balls.
Heat oil over medium-high heat. Fry few falafel at a time until golden brown.
To test the temperature is right, each ball should sink and rise to the surface and float. Gently remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
Serve Falafel balls with Tarator sauce accompanied by pickles, parsley, tomato, mint and pita bread.
Average member rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe