Moroccan Tagine with Prunes2016-12-01
- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Advanced
- 800g Tender lamb or beef meat, cubes
- 2 Tbsp Al Wadi Al Akhdar olive oil
- 1 Tsp of each, cinnamon powder, allspice, cardamom, cloves, ginger, cayenne, aniseed, nutmeg, turmeric, sweet paprika and cumin.
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Medium Onions, finely chopped
- 4 Cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
- 1 x 400g Tin of Al Wadi Al Akhdar chickpeas, drained
- 1 x 400g Tin of Al Wadi Al Akhdar chopped tomatoes
- 8 Cups (1500 ml) vegetable stock, preferably home made
- 2 Potatoes, chopped
- 2 Carrots, sliced
- 100g Prunes, stoned
- Sea salt to taste
- ¼ Cup halved almonds, fried
Combine all the spices together. Drizzle the meat cubes with olive oil and rub with the spice mixture. Wrap it in a cling film and refrigerate for at least 10 hours.
On a medium heat, sauté the meat for 5 minutes. Add onions, garlic and coriander and sauté until all is wilt.
Add chickpeas and tomatoes.
Stir in 4 cups of stock. Simmer on a low medium heat for 40-50 minutes.
Add prunes, potatoes and carrots. Season with salt.
Stir in the rest of the stock. Cover and simmer for another 40 to 50 minutes or until meat is cooked and tender. If needed simmer a bit longer.
Serving Tip: Serve the meat with couscous and garnish with almonds.
Average member rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe