- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- 1/2 Kg chicken
- Bay leaves
- Cinnamon sticks
- 1 Large onion
- 1½ Liters of water
- 2 Tsp salt
- 2 Packs (1kg) of Al Wadi Al Akhdar frozen Molokhia
- 100g of Al Wadi Al Akhdar frozen coriander
- 6 Cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp Al Wadi Al AKhdar butter
- 1/2 Cup of lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- 1 Tsp pepper
- 3 Loaves of bread, grilled
- 2 White onions, chopped
- 1 Cup Al Wadi Al Akhdar grape vinegar
In a large pot, put together the water, the chicken, bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, and salt.
Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, skimming off the foam that forms on the surface of the liquid.
Leave it until the chicken is cooked.
Remove chicken and strain the stock.
In a large pot, heat the butter and add minced garlic. Stir until golden.
Add coriander. Stir.
Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
Add Molokhia and pepper.
Lower heat and simmer about 15 minutes.
Add the lemon juice and boil for another 5 minutes.
The Onions mixture:
Combine onions and vinegar.
in each plate, spoon some grilled bread crumbled, top it with rice, then layer the onion mixture, chicken and Molokhia.
Average member rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe